Timothy 2:1 …first of all then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions and thanksgivings be made for all people
St. Peter’s Prayer Ministry is a group of dedicated church members who have offered their time to help those in need of prayer for the emotional, urgent, immediate, or ongoing needs, conflicts, concerns or joys of our church family, our military, neighborhoods, city, state and country. Members of this group dedicate a regular portion of time and pledge to do so in a confidential manner. We do not meet as a group, but pray individually, and keep in touch by telephone and e-mail.
Prayers of joy, celebration, grief, and for the many diverse circumstances that life can bring are collected from various sources and brought forth to the Prayer Ministry for awareness, support and prayer. A confidential prayer list is also maintained for those who are requesting prayers but chose not to make them public other than to the Pastor and Prayer Ministry.
- To serve our church family thru prayer
- To offer prayer daily or weekly
- To maintain an up to date prayer list and review it every 30 days or less
- To pray with faith, love, forgiveness, insight, thankfulness and continued guidance
- To bring forth during service, in the bulletin, or the Key the prayer requests the submitter has requested to be shared
- To keep the confidential prayer list STRICTLY confidential
Who We pray For:
- Specific prayers for those on the prayer list
- All members of St Peter’s UCC Amherst, young and old
- Pastor, church council and various ministries of our church
- Those on the Compassionate Care list
- Social issues such as climate change, racial justice, income equality, immigration justice, religious tolerance and more
- All members of military, past and present and their families
- Victims and survivors of natural disasters or terrorists attacks
- First responders of all types
- Our government officials, no matter what race, creed, religion, or political affiliation to work together and make good choices for our country.
- All countries of the world to find peace and respect for all religions
- For each other, that we are able to serve St. Peter’s and our church family